What is TA?
Territorial Army (TA) in an integral part of the Indian Army. It’s based on the concept of having a trained force readily available ‘During War’, if required, which is maintainable during peacetime at very low cost. Territorial army enables ‘Motivated Young Men’ to serve the Nation in two capacities as Civilian and as a soldier. No other profession provides such an expanse of experience. It is an ideal platform for employed youth who are not in the regular forces but have a passion to serve in the forces. Their love for the country helps them to contribute their might for the defense of the country when duty calls.
HOW TO APPLY?
All desirous civilian candidates can obtain APPLICATION FORM, from EMPLOYMENT NEWSPAPER or download from www.indianarmy.gov.in (FREE OF COST) and send it along with self addressed stamped envelope of 28 x 12 cms size, two passport size photographs and postal stamps worth Rs. 12/- (Rs. 25/- for J & K) affixed on envelop (NO OTHER COST FOR SUBMISSION) to the respective TA Group Headquarters as per the area.
|SERIAL NO.||ZONE||DOMICILE OF STATE/UT||WRITTEN EXAMINATION CENTRE||APPLICATION TO BE SUBMITTED TO|
|1.||ZONE I||Himachal Pradesh, Haryana, Punjab, Delhi and Chandigarh||Chandigarh||Commander, TA Group Headquarters, Western Command, Building No. 750, Sector-8B, Chandigarh-160018. Ph No. 0172-2547864|
|2.||ZONE II||Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Orissa, Madhya Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Jharkhand, Chattisgarh||Lucknow & Patna||Commander, TA Group Headquarters Central Command, Lucknow (UP)-226002 Ph0522-2482278|
|3.||ZONE III||West Bengal, Assam, Manipur, Tripura, Nagaland, Mizoram, Meghalya, Sikkim and Arunachal Pradesh||Kolkatta & Shillong||Commander, TA Group Headquarters, Eastern Command, Fort William, Kolkatta (WB)-700021. Ph No. 033-22313227|
|4.||ZONE IV||Rajasthan, Maharasthra, Karnataka, Kerala,Gujarat, Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Goa, Puducherry, Daman Diu, Lakshwadeep, Andaman & Nicobar, Dadar and Nagar Havelli||Jaipur, Pune, Bangaluru & Hyderabad||Commander, TA Group Headquarters southern Command, Pune-411001. Ph No. 020-26102848|
|5.||ZONE V||Jammu and Kashmir||Udhampur and Srinagar||Commander, TA Group Headquarters Northern Command, Udhampur (J & K)-182101 Ph No. 01992-243592|
- Only male citizens of India and Ex-service officers who are medically fit.
- AGE – 18 to 42 years
- QUALIFICATION – Graduate from any recognized university.
- EMPLOYMENT – Gainfully employed in Central Govt/ Semi Govt/Pvt Firm/Own business/ self employed.
- Note- Serving Employees of Armed Forces/Police/Para Military Forces are not eligible.
Syllabus for Exam, No of Questions & Marks
|S. No.||PAPER||SUBJECT||Nos. of Questions||MARKS|
|(i)||I||Reasoning and Elementary Mathematics||50+50||100|
|(ii)||II||General Knowledge and English||50+50||100|
Time: Maximum time for each paper is 02 hrs and will be conducted in two sessions from 10:00 hrs to 12:00 hrs and 14:00 hrs to 16:00 hrs.
Type of Exam: Objective (OMR Answer Sheet will be used).
Qualifying Marks: The Candidates will have to score minimum 40% marks in each paper separately and have an overall average of 50% to qualify.
Penalty for Wrong Answers: There will be penalty imposed for wrong answers marked by a candidate as under:-
- There will be four possible answers to every question. For each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate, half of the mark assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty.
- If a candidate gives more than one answer, it will be treated as a wrong answer even if one of the given answers happens to be correct. Penalty will be imposed as above.
- There will be no penalty for questions not attempted.